Thursday, March 26, 2009

FF7 CC Advanced Materia Fusion

This section is more directed to players who have access to the Minerva (Mission 9-6-6), so that gil and SP farming are at most efficient levels of the game, as what I am presenting today requires MILLIONS of both resources. Without further delay, let's go...


Okay, if you have made it this far here I can safely assume we are all FF7 CC millionaires now. By now we should have already gone through some time-consuming and painful hardship of fusing some powerful materias to help get by to later missions. Well, the good news is that there are efficient methods to produce them with less time and effort required compared to when you were at earlier stages of the game. For those of you who are experimental like I am, you might probably already know so feel free to skip, however, I am just sharing my game experience with fellow FF7 CC fans whoever needs it:-

Materias come in various grades and classes as we know, and like what I emphasised in my previous blog post, I just care about what are my chosen materias (the end result of the materia I want to have). Basically, I am sure most people would agree that any materia in its highest grade of its class is likely to be strongest and powerful, for that is a logical fact. So to better illustrate my coming explanation, I recommend you to grab a copy of a materia list containing its class and grade levels - I use one from AbsoluteSteve.

To begin fusing, we not only place the resulting materia we want in slot 1, we also need what I call a 'neutral' materia just to fill up slot 2 if you know what I mean. Because the idea now is that we no longer use the attributes of the slot 2 materia to infuse into slot 1's (remember the HP Up/Up+ materia fusing?), and instead we rely on Item this time. Referring to the materia grade list, the best 'neutral' materia I recommend is the Libra materia (as Libra is Grade 1,2,3... to Grade 8), meaning to say most materias when fused with Libra returns you your slot 1 materia (unless materia is mastered where resulting materia might change to another class/type). Or alternatively, quite a number of materias out there when you fuse both of the same class/type also gives you your desired resulting materia (unless again, you have any mastered materia).

So you have 2 ways of using a 'neutral' materia now. Next thing we need to look at is the materia attributes. The materia you are holding may have no attributes, a +10% MP, a +1 SPR, a +1 ATK, etc. The good news is, it does not matter. ;)
This is because if you have gone through most parts of the game as well as its missions, you already own many of these attribute-switching Items such as Fat Chocobo Feathers, Hero Drink, Adamantite, etc., and you only need 1 quantity to switch materia attribute at any one fusion process. From my experience, I received Fat Chobobo Feathers about twice as many quantity than the other Items.

I hope you are still following my concept so far, we are almost there. Now, the turning point. Remember the Items we used to enhance the HP Up or HP Up+ materias? Yes... Potions, Hi-Potions, X-Potions (quite silly to use this although enhances effect much higher). Logically we all know that Hi-Potion is better than Potion, X-Potion is better than Hi-Potion, right? The tricky question is this: What is the best Potion then? If you say Elixir, you are almost there for there is something better than that... YES! PHOENIX DOWN !!! Why not? Phoenix Down not only gives back life to Zack, it also does a full HP restore, and it is as rare as Elixir for both Items are not for sale in any shops. ;-)

With regards to enhancing effect, we know that every 10 Potions give a +1 or +10% attribute increase up to a certain limit. But for Phoenix Down, 1 piece itself adds a +1 or +10% increase in attribute, but NO LIMIT, so that's how you can blast the attributes up to +999% HP. So, piecing the puzzle together, let me provide an example to help see the big picture:

Step 1 -
1) Quake +1 MAG Materia in slot 1
2) Libra lvl 1 Materia in slot 2
3) 1x Fat Chocobo Feather in Item slot

*This process returns you Quake Materia with HP attributes.

Step 2 -
1) Quake +10% HP Materia in slot 1
2) Libra lvl 1 Materia in slot 2
3) 99x Phoenix Down in Item slot

*This process now enhances Quake Materia to Quake +999% HP.

Step 3 (optional) -
1) Quake +999% HP Materia in slot 1
2) Libra lvl 1 Materia in slot 2
3a) 1x Hero Drink in Item slot (to change Quake +999% HP to Quake +100 ATK)
3b) 1x Adamantite in Item slot (to change Quake +999% HP to Quake +100 VIT)
3c) 1x Dark Matter in Item slot (to change Quake +999% HP to Quake +100 MAG)
3d) 1x Mythril in Item slot (to change Quake +999% HP to Quake +100 SPR)
3e) 1x Gysahl Greens in Item slot (to change Quake +999% HP to Quake +100 LCK)


***Note: There are also Items which can be used to change the Quake +999% HP to Quake +999% AP or MP as well, but I do not recommend this as I personally think AP and MP are not important anymore once you are able to own a Genji Helm / Soul of Thamasa / Laurel Crown Item that allows 0 MP/AP consumption.


There you go, I hope this helps you in your game. Personally I chose Quake Materia myself too, therefore my example. Meanwhile I am still doing gil and SP farming to achieve a certain amount before I start my New Game+ mode, because I have just spent tens of millions of gil and SPs creating my powerful materias... hehehe. Though it cost me lots of time and patience, I feel great when I obtain the stuffs I want. :)
So I hope you people don't give up too, keep on rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment