Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FF7 CC Ultimate Deity Fight - MINERVA (Mission 9-6-6)

Yes... I have made it thus far now. After struggling with many tough missions (yea, no kidding w/o the game's ultimate accessories), I have finally managed to clear the final mission now, the big queen, the boss of all bosses in the game. Let's update my progress so far - Zack lvl.92; playtime about 70hrs; captured 5 of the 7 ultimate accessories of the game (which gives you capacity to challenge Minerva appropriately); earnings into 40million gils; mastered all materias needed including having 2x HP+999%, 1x VIT+100, 1x SPR+100, 1x LCK+100 (key materias are Full Cure and Costly Punch).


It has been awhile since I update my FF7 CC blog, mainly because this game is so addictive! Since the last post, I have been working hard clearing the missions as I was still at about 40% plus and standing at the final save point as I mentioned that I am just nostalgic, I play this so that I can complete the story of FF7, picking up from the older series a decade back. But one sad thing to note is that I can never obtain the Heike Soul this game round as I have missed out the miss able Missions 4-3-X. :-( However, being my optimistic self, I pushed myself to just do what my max in the current game now so that I can bring over the best stuffs to the New Game+ which I intend to play. And surprise surprise! I did not expect myself to do this well as to have achieved so much, being a 'No-RPG gamer' tag. ;)


So, I am ready to start New Game+ anytime now, but I just want to make more millions of gils and SPs... Hehe. Anyway, let me get on to the main topic, which is to share my experience on my fight with Minerva:-

First of all, what are the 'ultimate accessories'? Well, that is by my own definition after looking through the entire accessories over and over again as I went through the missions. They are - 1) Ziedrich (Mission 9-5-6); 2) Genji Helm [Buy at NetShop Shade **Note that this Accessory only appears 1st time you enter the shop, so prepare at least a million gil before you enter to ensure you get a piece**]; 3) Genji Armor (Complete DMWs to 100%); 4) Genji Shield (Magic Pot at Mission 7-6-6 [Prepare to hit it with 1xGil Toss, 2x99999 damage, 1xOctoslash]; 5) Genji Glove (Mission 9-6-4); 6) Divine Slayer (Defeat Minerva); 7) Heike Soul (Clear all Missions including Minerva).

I think I do not have to elaborate on WHY they are important, because I think once you own them you will understand. During my fight, I equipped Ziedrich, Genji Armor, Genji Shield, Genji Glove. In my opinion I believe these are the best accessories to use for challenging Minerva. As for Materias, I have Costly Punch +HP 999%, Mug +VIT 100, Hell Thundaga +SPR 100, Smart Consumer +HP 999%, Hell Firaga +LCK 100, Full Cure. Lastly, Items I used were Phoenix Down and Elixir, and I use a Phoenix Down just before I entered the battlefield.

Right from the get go, I rushed to give Minerva 2 Costly Punches then she started to retaliate with her 'light' attacks - Flash Slash, Crimson Flare, Photon Feather, Thor Hammer, Krysta. So far I observed that in between each of her 'light' attacks, it is possible to hit her twice in succession especially in the earlier half of the battle. I noticed that in the later part (apparently she must be dying), average is only once before she retaliates. The good news about the 'light' attacks is that they can be evaded totally, or at the very least blocked with minimal damage incurred.

Halfway through when she was getting tired of being punched, she started flying up to space and operated her Judgement Arrow at me. That is when I ran further away from her and started pumping back a Phoenix Down and an Elixir on Zack, and did a Full Cure before I continued punching her. Soon after, she started pulling up new magic tricks - Anti Material, Anti Magic, Absolute Barrier, Blessing Light. Except for Absolute Barrier, I simply kept pummeling her with Costly Punches... Until finally she does her other best attack, Ultima magic. I blocked to ensure I only inflicted 66K of damage (though I did forgot to block once and it hit me 99999), and then immediately used Full Cure to recover some HP. I kinda felt victory in my hands already, as I think I already handled all her attacks comfortably and able to land successful punches at her quite constantly. And after at least 101 Costly punches, I started to see her being smoked away and... CONFLICT RESOLVED! ;-D Victory is sweet!


At the end of the battle, Minerva threw me a piece of her accessory called the Divine Slayer and Zack received an email from Kunsel of SOLDIER acknowledging Zack as the 'Legend of SOLDIER'. How wonderful this feeling is, especially for me as a 'No-RPG gamer' to have once again defeated the toughest boss in a FF7 game ever since Emerald Weapon. Though I am proud of my achievements, I would like to thank all the contributors of FF7 Crisis Core guides, strategies, walkthroughs that I managed to google out conveniently in providing me generous and important information on this great game. To fellow fans, I wish you fun and all the best playing your Crisis Core, and look forward to my new postings here... yes yes, I am NOT DONE yet like I mentioned earlier on that I look forward to start New Game+ to go through the story once more, and finally get my hands on the final ultimate accessory - Heike Soul. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment