Sunday, March 15, 2009

FF7 CC Synopsis

It's been so many years back since most FF7 fans have completed the crisis core sequel game inside out, outside in. Now the prequel sheds light on the life of FF7 before Cloud Strife's era. Great thanks to the technologies that help make this game packed with solid graphics, sound, and portable.

Regarding the gameplay of crisis core, I think it is now much easier and straight-forward to play through the storyline. This is especially good for people like myself, who is not a very 'RPG' person. I recall briefly the old FF7 where there were lots of important weapons, items, accessories, materias that can be easily missed, making you stucked or have to make-do with mediocre stuffs to tackle those ass-kicking bosses. The story game through many stages were a pain, and chances to complete the story mode were very slim unless you have a guidebook. I managed to have access to one because my brother was playing the game as well. He shares this same trait as me - we are no 'RPG' gamers. :)

We slowly crawled through the game, page by page, step by step. Eventually we got hold of all the powerful and important stuffs needed or not exactly necessarily needed to complete the game by normal standards. We finished it thoroughly in the sense that we even beaten the hidden boss - Emerald Weapon (1 million HP + crazy atttack & defence). This brings back great memories as I recall the 'Knights of the Round' (13x9999hp) spell used to knockout great deals of HP emerald weapon has, and whenever available, Cloud's 'OmniSlash' helps alot too.

Anyways, back to crisis core. The very first time i loaded the game and started, I literally fell in love with it. Probably excited and felt nostalgia about this series and its storyline. The beginning scenes connected me back to the old FF7's midgar, Shinra, trains, soldiers, etc... And when Zack starts to appear with his mentor Angeal, I was puzzled by who Angeal was but I clearly remembered Zack from some pictures from old FF7. The graphics awed me, and my eyes were glued to it. When I finally got control of Zack, I was already engaged in a battle (yeah, thanks Square Enix for putting the player in a battle w/o detailed button controls and configurations to start a game with). Luckily the enemies are easy, and no problems getting rid of them even if I let them hit me a little bit. Oh yes, I noticed during the battle Zack's sword, and I thought to myself: "This can't be the buster sword right? And where could it be???" Anyway, I certainly appreciate the flexibility and mobility that Zack has now compared to Cloud. We can now block and dodge enemy attacks, and even try to sneak behind them for critical hits! Ah, and one last thing - the magic casting. I tried using the given fire materia and only a small ball of fire shot towards the enemy, useful but losing MP fast (hmmm... I remembered Ifrit would appear and do his thing when I used fire in old FF7?).

Well well, so much for a start! Soon after, I catch on game quickly (I think due to strong nostalgia from old FF7) and figured the basic and necessary stuffs needed to play through the story game and enjoyed the many cutscenes appearing now and then as the game progressed. At the point of writing my FF7 crisis core blog, I have already completed the normal story mode and now working on powering up Zack to his greatest potential possible (by my standards and level) so that I can enjoy playing the New Game+ version to relive the FF7 experience once again. :)

** To my fellow FF7 fans: take pride, take joy in your quest to finish the game, beat it, perfect it, whatever just have the most fun and pleasure doing them! And feel free to drop by to read my coming updates for tips/hints/tricks that I write on FF7 crisis core. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment